Monday, July 22, 2013

Photo Stealing Government Agency

One of my pictures was being used by a government agency's website but it is without my knowledge and my watermark was erased. I don't know where he took the picture. My guess is that, it was taken from a now inactive Facebook App 'Fookcover'. However, the picture provided by the App was with full acknowledgement and with link to my FB Fan Page.

This is disappointing since the site using the picture is a government agency which, I believe should have had set as a good example. But, in here, this website serve as an example of a corrupt agency stealing a picture and without respect to the efforts of the photographer who took it. The picture anyway, was taken at near midnight.

Here is the link to the website:


here is the comparison:



1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is very sad, Vernan, and to think that you discovered this on the day of the president's SONA. It's disheartening to find out that someone stole your work without even acknowledging your ownership. Included sa IP Code of the Philippines ang legal protection in form of copyrights ang photographs so thumbsdown to that dishonest person whoever he is. Huya-huya man sya just one tiny bit.