Sunday, December 17, 2017

Organizing Photography Files

As we make more and more pictures, it will become more difficult to organize or to locate a certain picture. One way is to add a tag via Lightroom, but I have not tried it because I realized that I should keep the files as original as possible. So, I made my own way of organizing files. It may not work for everyone but at the moment, it works for me. If you have any suggestion, kindly comment below.

I arranged my pictures by genres>sub-genres>date taken>keywords. Below are screenshots of how I do it.


with keywords after the date

I also suggest that you make a  separate folder to track your submissions which may include rules and updates (Win, Lost, Exhibited, and a note regarding other details). This will come handy when later you will find a good outlet for submission and you wanted to know which of your pictures had been submitted elsewhere before.

No comments: